Thursday, May 10, 2012

Shelf Restyle



Regardless of how many times I vow that I will not begin a new project (until I complete some of the numerous works-in-progress I am currently neglecting), I still find myself unable to leave these (what I call) diamonds-in-the-rough behind.

A couple of weeks ago, during my lunch break at work, I decided to check out a couple of local yard sales. (Three of them to be exact.) I was lucky (?) that I found some great things, the shelf above being one of them. I knew immediately when I saw it that I wanted it, but when I looked for a price there wasn't one marked. When I asked the lady how much she was asking for it and she said $1.50 I couldn't get it in the car fast enough.

It's true width and height doesn't come across well in this Instax photo, but this piece is quite large. I look forward to seeing how much of an improvement I can make on it.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with the makeover. :-) Yeah, 1.50 would be pretty irresistible. That's the trouble... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was kind of hoping she would throw out an unreasonable price so I would have a reason to leave it behind. Now to purchase the $15 worth of supplies to turn it into something great. ;)

      Delete